Thursday, October 22, 2009

Halloween Luminaries



We're going to start adding our frugal ideas to the blog listed under "Cheap Trick." I know, I know... now you're all singing "I Want You To Want Me...." ;) Great song. But, from now on when you hear the words "Cheap Trick," we want you to get SO EXCITED because you are about to see one heck of an idea for hardly any $$$. It doesn't get much better than that!

Here's one that I came up with a few years ago when we were a poor medical student + family. Not much has changed since then...now it's just the poor medical resident + family.


But, even if we ran into a truck full of money tomorrow, I would still do my halloween luminaries. They take very little time to make, cost hardly anything, and take up very little space in storage. Have you noticed that the storage part is important to me?


The hardest part for me was googling "Spider Clip Art" to find the pictures for this project. Ugh. I'm still a little creeped out and I made these 3 years ago! Anyway, I printed little sayings (such as "Scared?" or "Turn Back Now") with spider pictures onto white cardstock. Then I folded the printed cardstock so that it would fit onto the outside of a white paper bag, taped it on, and then taped a blank folded white cardstock to the back.


Add some tealights & sand (or dirt if you're dirt cheap like me) - and WHA-LAH! You've created a spooky little walk to your front door for trick-or-treaters. Every year I get TONS of comments on these and they are just so easy. Hope you like 'em! Do you have any "Cheap Tricks" you'd like to share? Can't wait to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment